This page contains information and resources to assist you as a presenter at the EAGLE 2014 Conference.
If you do not find an answer to your question, please contact us.
General Speaker Information
Do I need to register to present?
As a speaker, you must register to present. Be sure to register by September 15, 2014.
Is there a PowerPoint template I should use for my presentation?
EAGLE has prepared an optional Eagle_PPT_Template for your convenience. (NOTE: If using a personal PowerPoint template, please use Arial font to avoid conversion issues.)
How can I share my presentation materials, and should I include a copyright statement?
We invite you share your presentation by sending your file(s) or URLs before the conference to: email@example.com.
We ask that you fill in your PowerPoint document’s properties in the following manner prior to sending us the file.
If you password protect a PDF document, please make sure to enable the file to be read by a screen reader. It is our goal to make our resources easily available.
You may use this copyright statement on one of your first slides:
“This presentation leaves copyright of the content to the presenter. Unless otherwise noted in the materials, uploaded content carries the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license, which grants usage to the general public with the stipulated criteria.”
How will my room be set up?
All of the session rooms will have theater-style seating. There will be a head table and chairs for speakers at the front of the room.
Will I have access to audio/video equipment?
All of the session rooms (with the exception of poster sessions) will have the following standard AV:
Will I have Internet access?
The following internet connections will be available:
• Wireless access will be available for everyone, presenters and attendees. The connection speed will be sufficient to access and navigate web pages and e-mail .
What will my area look like?
The standard set should include a bulletin board. Push pins, scissors, tape and other supplies available at the check-in desk.
When can I set up and tear down my poster display?
Set up times:
• Monday, September 29, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m (to be confirmed)
The recommended size of a scientific poster is 120 cm x 90 cm (height x width).
Suggested structure of a scientific poster is:
- Materials and methods
- Results/discussion/conclusions (literature cited)
An EAGLE staff member will be at the front of the poster area and can help direct you to your pre-assigned space.
Do I have the option to ship or store my materials?
If you need to ship materials, it would be best to send materials to your hotel (labeled to your attention).
How do I participate in the Digital Poster Exhibition?
Once received an email indicating that your poster has been approved, to have it included in the Digital Poster Exhibition, simply send your resources to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have several options for the types of resources you can send us:
• Use the PowerPoint slides or graphic images you printed for the poster and annotate the slides with notes, either in the notes area or in a separate document, to provide a narrative presentation of your slides/images.
• Create a PowerPoint presentation with voice-over narrative.
• Create a screen-captured presentation with an application like Camtasia to provide a voice-over narrative of your poster slides/images
• Create a video of you presenting your poster.
• We do ask that you send your resources prior to arriving in Paris to ensure your work is promoted through early marketing communications.